All three of us volunteer at our local animal shelter and we care about the animals there so very much! Some very exciting things are going on at the shelter right now. They’re in the process of getting a brand new building, and to help raise funds for that they’re opening up a thrift store downtown! My two favorite things… together! I seriously could not believe the wonderful news. I know where I’ll be thrifting this summer (;
Anyway, the shelter just launched its new website, and the point of this post was to share the site with you all! Take a peek and just maybe you’ll find a special furry friend, or at least be inspired to visit your own local shelter.
Even if you can’t adopt a little doggy or kitty, there are still plenty of ways to help!
- Collect old or unwanted blankets and towels for donation
- Volunteer to do miscellaneous shelter jobs, like laundry, mopping, or tidying up
- Foster a cat or dog until they find their forever home! My foster dog Lucy is a sweetheart
- Run a pet food drive for your shelter
- Socialize cats and/or walk dogs to help them become more adoptable, or to just make their day!
And to end this post, here’s a picture of my rescue dog Mandy. She’s just a little crazy…